Monday, April 9, 2007

gnome-dock

Finally managed to get gnome-dock working on here.
Quick screenshot:


Quick how-to:
1) Get cairo from http://cairographics.org/download. I was able to just get the source and ./configure && make && make install, though some dependencies may be required. I also believe they have a deb file which I should have probably looked into.
2) Get Gnome-dock (cairo-dock) from http://www.gnome-dock.org/trac/browser/trunk
This I just downloaded the zip from the "Zip Archive" link at the bottom. I didn't feel like messing with yet another source repository program.
3) I had had GL linking issues, so I had to install nvidia-glx-dev.
4) For whatever reason, in this version, the execute command was commented out. Uncomment this line:
g_spawn_command_line_async (icon->acCommand, &pError);
5) make
6) If all goes well this far, then run: mkdir ~/.cairo-dock and then copy some .desktop files over. (I just did a cp ~/Desktop/*.desktop ~/.cairo-dock

1 comment:

Micah Turner said...

this seems like a lot... is it?